Latex can be found anywhere at home, hospitals, schools, and in the office. Toys, sanitary gloves, clothes, they all have latex and too much exposure to latex can lead to the development of an allergic reaction. Many people in the world are suffering from latex allergy, but, they are now aware of it. This skin illness can be serious if not treated right. Here are some tips to prevent latex allergy reactions:
1. Know which items are made from latex, and replace them with non-latex items.
2. Even breathing in the particles of powdered latex gloves can be harmful.
3. In the hospitals, ask if they have non-latex gloves, because most doctors and nurses use latex-based gloves.
4. Always carry a medical alert bracelet, necklace, or key chain that notes your allergy.
5. Epinephrine injection with you will be good, but ask your physician first.
- Mikee Mercader