Allergen-free Gift Guide For The Holiday Season
It’s the season of giving! And picking out gifts for family and friends with allergies and skin sensitivities can pose a challenge but fret not, we are here to help you!
Here are some gifts you would want to avoid:
- Scented Items – Most people with common allergies are sensitive to smells. Any product that is odor-packed like scented candles, perfume, lotions, oils, and bath products can be a cause of an allergy outbreak. Go for unscented products and make sure that they are hypoallergenic.
- Cosmetics – Cosmetics are common holiday gifts but they may also contain ingredients that activate the allergies. However, there are various organic and hypoallergenic options that are available in the market that you can purchase instead.
- Flowers/Plants – Flowers and potted plants may be pretty, but they can also present harm to some who are allergic to pollen.
- Edibles/Food – As much as you would love to spread the cheer with edibles, make sure your friend doesn't have food allergies before spreading these holiday delectables. Chocolates, dairy, nuts, and cheese are the most common edibles that people react to. Try to opt for allergen-free and organic treats if they are available.
- Clothing – For those with skin sensitivities and allergies, gifting clothing or wearables might not be the best way to go. Latex allergy is pretty common and most apparel, especially those with waistbands, contains latex. This may trigger allergic reactions and may be risky to your giftee. For this, you may opt to go for 100% organic cotton apparel and accessories that Cottonique offers. Our allergy-friendly products will surely bring a smile on their faces and comfort for the holidays.
Buying a gift for your allergic friends and loved ones doesn't need to be a daunting task. It will just require some extra thought and effort to the find the perfect present that they will truly appreciate. Happy gift giving!
- Admin Cottonique