Let's Make Every Day Earth Day!
On Earth Day, we think about the environment and the best actions to make a difference in our own backyard. Though most of us don’t always have the opportunity to turn our good intentions into action, we can always start small. There will always be a way to get involved in Earth Day. We can turn simple and easy ideas into everyday habits that can ultimately effect a significant difference. Here are a few points to live a greener life:
- Skip a trip in your car – It’s a healthy way to lessen air pollution and fuel consumption. Great cardio exercise too!
- Reduce, reuse, recycle – Recycle old cans, newspapers, bottles and everything else you can. There’s no race to the most jam-packed landfill on the planet.
- Get in touch with nature – Spend some time outdoors and appreciate the beauty of Mother Nature. It can also improve your sense of well-being.
- Slow the flow – Check your faucets and shower heads for leakages. One drip every second adds up to five gallons of water per day. That's five gallons of wastage!
- Wind down – Turn off your TV or computer for about an hour before you sleep and give yourself a breather after a full day. You save energy plus you get a more restful sleep as well.
- Start living green – Make a difference by choosing products that are committed to sustainable and eco-friendly practices.
Remember, we don't have to wait for Earth Day to care for the planet and the future generations.
- Admin Cottonique